Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving and Three Months

What a special day for us!

It's Thanksgiving and Riley's three months old today.

I'm so excited about Thanksgiving; it's my first time to host! Josh's family is coming. They're bringing the turkey and I'm very grateful for that since I've never made one before and wouldn't have a clue where to begin. I just love playing hostess and I'm thankful that Josh's family is coming here, as I know that our house is rather small and it wouldn't always be someone's first choice to spend the holidays.

But guess what?!

We get to use our china! I remember thinking when I registered for the china, "When in the world will I ever use this?" We've only been married for a year and a half and we're already using it. How exciting!

We have so very much for which to be thankful this year. Of course, we are always thankful that Christ has saved us and this year He has brought us so much closer to Him. We are also grateful for our precious little Riley and all of the ways that she has taught us about our Wonderful God. The list could go on and on, but I'll just keep it to that for now.

Okay, I must get back to cooking now, but I'll leave you with some recent pictures in celebration of Riley's three month birthday:


Our Little Peacock



Yes, I know she's a girl, but I really think blue's her color.



Superstar!



Ready for school!



Just cute.



Burrito Baby

A little tip to new moms-to-be: Riley responds well to the 5 S's (swaddling, shushing sounds, sucking, side/stomach positioning, and swinging). So if you're interested in those, you can read about them here. I haven't read "The Happiest Baby on the Block," but a friend told me about the 5 S's and it seems to work with Riley. It might help you out!

2 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Blessings to you and yours. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Riley is so precious.

Becca said...

I am so thankful to have each of y'all in my life. Have an amazing thanksgiving! Have fun playing hostess! Give baby riley a hug for me!