We had a hard time getting to church yesterday morning.
As Josh was putting Riley in the car, he spilled his giant cup of chocolate milk all over himself. I'm not sure how he had such talent, but he covered himself completely. He also managed to spill it all over the car. It was so bad that we had to wash the car later that day.*
The funny thing is that Josh happened to be wearing his only pair of non-work jeans. So we decided it was time to run to Wal-Mart and get him a new pair of pants. He ran inside, changed into a pair of work jeans, and off to Wal-Mart we went.
We're driving down Booneville Road, when Josh says, "Where's my journal? I just had it."
About two seconds later he says, "Oh, there it is."
It had just flown off the top of our car. So Josh pulls over, gets out, and runs into oncoming traffic in order to get his journal.
Life with Josh. Gotta love it.
The story has a happy ending. Josh got his journal, got new pants, and we made it to church in time to hear a great message over 2 Timothy 2:8-10 (which I'm still hashing through). I'm just wondering how we're ever going to make it anywhere on time when we have several kids... I don't know how you big families out there do it!
*I was very thankful he didn't spill the chocolate milk all over Riley and the car seat. We would have had to bathe Riley and somehow get the milk out of the car seat. That would have taken much longer than simply running to Wal-Mart for a new pair of pants.
1 comment:
Ahhh, more life lessons on the fly. Sounds like you came through this one with flying colors!
Post a Comment