Jack,
That's right. Calling you Jack is finally coming naturally to me. I personally think the name fits you really well and I'm glad it's working for all of us.
You have changed so much in just a couple weeks. You are now fascinated with your feet. And you're trying really hard to crawl. However, you have a bit of a stuffy nose so you are not liking to lay flat these days.
Have I told you yet how charming you are? Okay, okay, I know I tell you that everyday. But it's so true! I don't mean to compare you to your sister, but she's my main point of reference, and you are just so opposite from her in every way. And do you know how much I absolutely LOVE filling this home with God's creative diversity?!?! I can't wait until you have lots of brothers and sisters and they are all created uniquely to bring Him glory. It's just so fun to see how God designs all of us and gives us different talents to use for His purposes.
You laugh and smile so easily, even while spitting up. I can learn a lot from that! From what I can tell, you're just plain happy to be alive and you are definitely a people-person.
You are already wearing 9 month clothing. However, from what I can tell, it seems your growth has slowed down a bit. I'm happy for that... you're still my baby and I'd like to keep you small for just a little longer.
Love,
Mama
Riley Jane,
Happy 2nd Birthday, sweet girl! We celebrated last Friday and you were blessed with love and gifts from several friends and family members. Since Daddy had to work all weekend, I decided to paint us blue and go up to eat a free dinner at Blue Baker for your birthday. You weren't into the paint (no surprise there), but you still had a good time (I think). You seem to prefer simple, so that's what we did for your birthday. My mom pointed out that one day you're going to ask why in the world I was blue in your birthday pictures... ha, good point! I guess you could call it "fun" or "crazy" - you pick.
For your birthday, we changed your crib into a toddler bed and you got a new butterfly quilt. It's so cute and you love your "big girl bed." You have done wonderfully sleeping in it and staying in it until we come get you in the morning. I realized the other day that as far as I can tell, you are done with all of the BIG transitions until you start school. That's a big deal, since you and I could both use some stability for awhile!!!
This morning we had a fun dance party and you sang for us too. I decided to start calling you my "thinker and kicker." You are always thinking and always moving your legs in some way. These two things define you. And it's such a unique combination... I truly can't wait to see what God has in store for you!
You are also REALLY into organizing all of your toys by color and by shape. Almost every time I come to get you from Roomtime, I find all of your toys organized into various groups. It's truly remarkable.
I love you,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment