Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Day in the Life...

This post is somewhat inspired by Stephanie Cease's "Today's Best and Worst," but I couldn't pick just one good moment and one bad moment, so I listed several moments.

Today's Great Moments:

*Riley ate her entire bowl of tortilla soup, which was full of veggies! This was a big victory for our little picky eater.

*I hand-washed Josh's work shirts and hung them out to dry on our clothesline, so he has clean clothes for tomorrow. I felt like such a pioneer woman. This was my big accomplishment for the day. When he asked me to do that this morning, I thought there was no way I would get it done w/ the exhaustion I was feeling, but somehow by God's grace it happened!

*Riley sat and worked on a puzzle for almost fifteen whole minutes while I fed Joshua. We are working on being able to sit still and focus on a particular activity so that she's not running around going crazy while I feed the baby.

*I got to take a one hour nap! It was much needed and very rejuvenating.

Today's Not-so-great Moments:


*Riley sat in her crib crying for almost 30 minutes this morning b/c I started feeding Joshua right when I should have gotten her up for the day. Poor timing on my part.

*Riley ate dirt that she picked off of Josh's boots. Yuck! (Maybe that tortilla soup just didn't fill her up. Ha!)

*Joshua spit up a TON today. I'm really hoping he's not developing reflux or something like that. Praying that his tummy calms down.

*Riley has never wanted a paci. Now, suddenly at 19 months old she apparently feels very left out if Joshua gets one and she doesn't. Not sure what to do about that.

*Didn't change out of my pajamas until dinnertime. I have no idea why I'm admitting that on the internet, but it was just one of those days. Glad we didn't have to go anywhere!

1 comment:

Renee said...

It's funny how similar our lives are right now! Except I didn't get a 1 hour nap! Lucky you! hahaha. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in the crazy world of two kids. And I've gone through an entire day without changing my clothes OR Abby's, so no worries! haha. In Shane's words too me all the time: "You just have to keep them fed and somewhat content. The rest is gravy."