Merry Christmas, friends and family!
I hope this holiday season finds everyone in good health and good spirits. I have missed the blogging world and I plan to dive back into it. So to begin, I posted a Christmas card below and am now writing a Christmas letter to provide a basic update on our family. Please accept it as this year's Christmas card. I know it's not half as cool as getting one in the mail, but that just isn't happening this year. I dropped the ball on that one. But wishing you all a Merry Christmas, just the same! And so with that said, here's the update:
Yes, in case you didn't know, we're expecting a baby boy, due March 20th! That is our biggest news. I, Kelly, am glad to be entering the third trimester and have been furiously nesting to prepare for the little guy. We are thrilled that God has blessed us by adding to our family!
As for Josh, he is also furiously preparing for the Spring semester, as he will be graduating from TAMU in May! This is a huge step forward for us and I am so proud of Josh for getting to this point. We covet your prayers for our family, as Josh will not only be taking his final three classes (and striving for A's/B's in all of them), but also working full time (and then some) to provide for our family. Josh will be working as a Shift Manager at Blue Baker (a local restaurant chain) in the evenings and attending class or working as a Mentor at a local high school (Rudder) during the day. Clearly, he will be very busy. We are grateful that the baby is due right around Spring Break, so he will have some time off and I'll have some extra help that week!
God has been so good to bring us to this point. We know that God wants Josh to graduate and we are very anxious to get there, to be closer to completing the things He so clearly showed us over a year ago. (Paying off old school debt will be the next thing.) As we have been awaiting the Spring semester and all that it will bring (a new baby and graduation), we feel that God has showed us so much about what it means to truly anticipate the second coming of Jesus, and what it must have been like for the Jews to await the arrival of their Savior so many years ago. The way we are doing everything we can to be ready... that is how we want to be when Jesus comes again. O glorious day! O glorious day, indeed!
And of course, if I ever forget that, I need only to turn on some tunes and watch Riley joyously dance around to remember what life is really all about. Dancing is one of her favorite things these days and when she hears music, her smile just lights up the room. We feel so blessed to be her parents.
Merry Christmas again!
Love,
The Owen Family (written by Kelly)
No comments:
Post a Comment